Recommended CYA level?

Jun 22, 2013
Mobile AL
I am just learning about BBB...I am starting to understand the long term effects, but have a question about cya staying high. I live in a High Rain area, therefore, ph is lowered on a regular basis and backwashing water replacement common. I have always been told not to let the cya zero out. Now that I am researching BBB, is there a cya recommended level? We have rain every day this time of year, sometimes twice a day.

skyjenn said:
I am just learning about BBB...I am starting to understand the long term effects, but have a question about cya staying high. I live in a High Rain area, therefore, ph is lowered on a regular basis and backwashing water replacement common. I have always been told not to let the cya zero out. Now that I am researching BBB, is there a cya recommended level? We have rain every day this time of year, sometimes twice a day.
If you have a lot of water replacement, you'd be one of the fortunate few who can use trichlor pucks with careless abandon. Well, almost. Still, play with the pool calculator and see. Crunch some numbers, see what works out cheapest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.