ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
This is probably not the correct spot to ask this question but here it goes. I am in the process of installing a new swg, turns out that one of the unions coming out of the heat pump was plumbed to close to a 90 degree fitting. Make a long story short,I have half a union glued to the heat pump and since unions are brand specific and not any old one will fit I have to buy a new one. Problem is the part is 2 days out (no one in my area carries this part) and my pool will be turning green real soon.

I have a robot and poured a few gallons of bleach into pool and ran it for a few cycles. Any other tips,ideas? The weather is 90 plus degrees and pool already turning cloudy.

You can add bleach by pouring it slowly by walking around the pool as long as you then brush the whole pool to mix it in. That process gets a little athletic :) but it is generally good for a week or more if you are consistent.

Other than that, a small sump pump or cover pump to provide just a little circulation can work wonders.

I kept my up for 5 days after hurricane Rita. I would put bleach in and walk around to mix it up. 3 weeks without power.... don't even want to tell you what it looked like after that. Really it was like 10 days before it got really pretty.

Unfortunely I can't brush....had rotator surgery a month ago. I shouldn't even be installing a swg. not supposed to lift over 2 lbs. LOL....can't afford to hire a pool company.

I have a blue diamond robot, I ran it 3 cycles today after bleach. Its 2 seasons old, just concerned about burning the motor out running cycle after cycle. Bad idea?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.