AGP Liner Material

TomU

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2007
Wyoming, Michigan
Does anyone know if there is a difference in the material used for an expandable liner compared to a standard liner? Does a non-expandable liner not stretch like an expandable would?

To think about it another way, will a standard liner stretch some to conform to a bottom that has some shape to it?

Or, will an expandable liner be more resistant to puncturing since it will stretch some before tearing?

I've never received any replies on this, but I've noticed several people in different threads talking about their liner not laying tight against the wall when improperly installed (or wrong size, etc.). This would lead me to believe that normal liners do not stretch (at least not much).

Does anyone know if the vinyl used for the floor of an AG expandable liner is different than the vinyl used for the walls? To say it another way, when I install an expandable liner will the wall stretch down with the bottom, or will only the floor piece of vinyl balloon out the the bottom shape?

I'm not an expert...but from what I understand is that an expandable liner just has some extra material in the bottom portion that allows it to go deeper into a dished out bottom. As far as I know they are made from the same material. I bought a normal liner and dished out the bottom of my pool about 6" in the middle...could have gone a lot deeper but because I had never built a pool before I didn't know how much extra liner I would have on an overlap liner. My liner stretched out nicely with no problems. Nice hot sunny day will make a liner stretch REAL nice :)

Hope that helps a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.