Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Information from Pool Owners in Arizona

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Information from Pool Owners in Arizona

Questions for Arizonians with pools.

1. At what level do you maintain your Chlorine levels during swim season?

2. What is your level of CYA? ppm

3. How long do you run your pump and SWG during swin season (summer)

Thanks
    Iggy
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

2. Back To Top    #2

I'm down in Tucson and I keep my FC at ~4.0, my CYA at about 70, and run my pump ~9 hours a day with a 30% SWCG setting.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by EskimoPie
    I'm down in Tucson and I keep my FC at ~4.0, my CYA at about 70, and run my pump ~9 hours a day with a 30% SWCG setting.

Thank you Eskimo Pie
    I basically have the same numbers but have only been running my pump about 4 hours a day to maintain clean water and sufficient Chlorine levels of 3-4 ppm. This is a new SWG cell and I also have it set at 30%

Thanks
    In-Ground SWG pool 11,000 gal., Jandy CL460 Filter, 1.5hp Stealth Jandy pump, Paramount PV3 In-Floor cleaning sys., Goldline SWG, Hayward Color Logic 2.5 LED Light

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: Need Information from Pool Owners in Arizona

I don't live in Arizona but I can tell you that a 4 hour pump run time is really to little. You should go for an 8 hour daytime run time and adjust your output accordingly. this will insure the pool is chlorinated throughout a longer period and there will be less possiblilty of a partial chlorine depletion and algae outbreak.