Help with Wanda the Whale?

Jun 16, 2013
Hey there, after reading and studying here for the past two years I finally registered to ask for help! I recently bought a Hayward Wanda the Whale for my pool. Unfortunately, I can not figure out how to hook her up to what I've got. I have a 18' x 48" Intex Ultra Frame AGP with an Intex 2650 gph Sand Filter and a Krystal Clear SWG. I love the set-up that I have this year and after reading reviews for Wanda thought it would be no problem to hook her up to the sand filter. At least that's what a lot of others said. Wrong! This pool does not have a "through the wall" skimmer, just the skimmer port. And I can't find anything to remove that would allow me to hook up the hose. I am a pool amateur....but I am trying really hard. I also tried to hook the hose directly to the side of the sand filter but it won't stay in place. Does anyone out there have any suggestions as to how I can make Wanda work with my pool? I would greatly appreciate any help I can get!!

18' X 48" Intex Ultra Frame AGP, Intex 2650 gph Sand Filter, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System