Planning a DIY inground

Jun 16, 2013
Central Ohio
Hello all, lots of good info to be found here.
I'm a plumbing and building contractor in Ohio. My plumbing company is my "bread and butter" and my construction company typically builds 1-2 custom homes a year. I have 3 kids, 13,10, and 7. We've always wanted a pool and we aren't getting any younger! The time is now to have what we want.

That being said I have a good handle on what it will take to do this - thanks to the internet and many contacts in the construction industry. I've been researching inground 18x36 vinyl liner pool kits. I'm hoping to find some people here with some experience with the diy kits. I'm looking for recommendations on 1 brand over another etc. Hopefully they can share their experiences - what they'd do again or would change. There are so many questions and decisions! Makes it tough to determine if one product is better than another. Thanks, I look forward to learning all I can here.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: I love DIY pool builds. It may be difficult to find a definitive answer on one particular brand outshining all the rest.

What this forum can REALLY help with is the correct selection of the equipment like pump, filter, etc. Again, probably not a specific brand but a particular type and correct sizing.

It'll be a great project and your kids are the perfect age.

Welcome to TFP! Dave didn't tell you that we require a LOT of pics of up and coming builds! :mrgreen: