Ok, pool is up, filling as we speak.... ummm, no skimmer...?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
1st off, im a little disappointed..... no, make that slightly ticked that this pool didnt come with a skimmer. :(

i know from reading on here that the intex over the pool one is Crud (father in law has one on his 26 x 52 intex too) but it would have been better than nothing. if im gonna have to pop for a skimmer, then i will probably just hard plumb this thing and go for the through wall one.

in the meantime, my pool is about a foot deep and still filling, should be done by morning. everything on here i read says to add my stabilizer (bought the htc walmart brand) through the skimmer.

well, what if your pool sucks and doesnt have one? where do i add my stabilizer? i plan on getting up early and adding my bleach and stabilizer, waiting a bit and checking my pH, see where im at.

also, the POS that intex calls a vacuum, looks like a water hose attaches to it.... WTF to that... :?

so, when i buy a real pool vac, how/ where do i hook it up? will i have to unhook my pump from the inlet and hook it to the vac?

Re: Ok, pool is up, filling as we speak.... ummm, no skimmer

Your Intex Ultra Frame didn't come with an over the wall skimmer or the vac that attaches to the pump? That's weird. Mine came with both. You can buy them both from Intex if you want. Might be able to find them cheaper on Amazon. I think the Intex over the wall skimmer works reasonably well, depending on the strength of your pump. Though it can be a pain to work with sometimes. If you're going to use a thru the wall skimmer, then almost any vac will attach to it. If you're going to use the Intex skimmer with a non Intex vac, then you might need an adapter. The vac may even come with one.

As for the CYA, put it in a sock and tie it to the ladder or to the top rail close to the return and give it a few days to fully dissolve. Even with a skimmer, you should use the sock method to keep the CYA suspended in the water until it dissolves completely. It can damage your equipment or your liner if you just pour it all into the skimmer or let it settle to the floor.

Re: Ok, pool is up, filling as we speak.... ummm, no skimmer

You should be able to buy the full skimmer n gaskets at a local pool store. Check down in the Above Ground Pool Forum for more details as there are a few threads running on modifications. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.