Pool Radius Question...

Jun 14, 2013
Omaha, NE
I'm in the process of installing an 18' x 52" Swim'n Play pool. I've got the ground all prepared, and have begun placing the bottom rails and plates on pavers. I've followed the manufacturer's instructions inserting the rails up to 1/16" from the "stop" in the bottom plates. However, when I measure from center my radius is reading 9'-1 1/2" (Giving the rails a diameter of 18'-3").

It's a windy day, so not planning on putting up the wall today, but is it normal for the rail diameter to be this much larger than the specified pool diameter (18')?

It also feels like the radius of the rails themselves almost have to be "stretched" to fit. Right now, there's about a 2" gap where the rails meet in the base plates, and the rails are right about 1/16" from the metal stop (very small tab) in the plates.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Here is a picture of the rails / plate (the blue line is 9' from center stake):

IMG_20130614_130918.jpg

I do believe your rails slide under those lil clips. You can adjust from there. That's how my last pool was.

Welcome :)

Advertised pool diameters are approximations. My 27' is really 26'9" and I have a small gap between the end of the rails and the stop. I knew this before I started as my pool is used and I measured it before taking it down. I also measured the wall length and figured the diameter. If the circle isn't absolutely round you can get different measurements at different points. From your picture I'd move the pavers out a little as the bottom plates can only move outward and you don't want them to come off the pavers.

The little things are easy to miss! They make the job so much harder too! :mrgreen: It's always nice to have a fresh pair of eyes to look at it! Good luck with the build and post pics!!! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.