My very bad algae problem this year

Jun 8, 2013
Leavenworth WA
We took the cover off early and it was dirty and a bit green, started with the bleach but were still waiting for pool guys to turn on filter and officially open up pool.

At this point my husband wants to learn how to do it himself, because we left for 8 day trip after pouring a bunch of bleach in, not sure if it did any good.

While we were gone we had unusual hot weather for early may and when we got home pool was bad. They opened the pool at appt next day and it took me weeks of bleach, nonstop filtering, sweeping, back flushing, etc but pool is finally shiny clean.

I just wrote on here to say a huge thanks because at times I wanted to give up and buy regular chemicals, I came back here and reread pool school and other posts. Got me through the battle.

:party:

Welcome to TFP!

Congrats on getting out of the pool store's clutches!

If you don't already have one, buy either of the two highly recommended test kits so you KNOW what is in your water and what you need to do to maintain it.

Don't forget about The Pool Calculator for how much to add.

If you have any more problems, do post with a complete set of numbers, and we will be more than happy to help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.