6" Radius Liner Corner with Square Corners (no radius)

May 21, 2017
Hudsonville, MI
We're down to the wire on getting our pool ordered up, and our PB has informed us that the square corners that my wife has been talking about all of this time are not possible. We are considering both the aluminum coping (bullnose, lower-profile, etc) and are not ruling out the concrete cantilever edge. We've seen both the square corner aluminum coping and the square concrete cantilever edge with a 6" radius liner so we know that's possible (both happen to be auto covers). We have also seen the square concrete cantilever edge on a non-auto cover, but am not sure if that pool has a 6" radius on the liner or not. A 6" corner radius on the liner seems to come highly recommended so we don't want to jeopardize that, but the square-corner look from above is almost as important. The question is, is the 6" radius liner corner with a no-radius coping/edge only possible with an auto cover?

I guess the question changes a bit as we have decided to go with the poured concrete cantilever coping. My wife wants square corners on the pool, but based on some things I've seen, some type of radius in the corner, no smaller than 6", is highly recommended. If we could get the 6" radius in the corner of the pool (wall and liner of pool) and completely square corners on the coping, it would be best of both worlds, but I don't think it's possible without an coping used on an auto cover (for whatever reason).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.