St. Louis, MO
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Opened the pool this year and it’s taking extra long to clear up. I’ve been using liquid chlorinator for a week and keeping levels very high. I don’t have a full test kit anymore so I just have strips and a basic OTO kit. The pool has so much chlorine in it it has been almost brown on the oto drop test. There is places on the top of the water that almost look like oil. Small but they are there. Also a small amount of brownish foam and some kind of sediment. Not sure what it is. This is all on the surface. Water is green and cloudy still. I’ve went through 13 gallons of bleach now. Can it be normal to take this long? IMG_3662.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3661.jpeg
    IMG_3661.jpeg
    851.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3658.jpeg
    IMG_3658.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3657.jpeg
    IMG_3657.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 8
Opened the pool this year and it’s taking extra long to clear up. I’ve been using liquid chlorinator for a week and keeping levels very high. I don’t have a full test kit anymore so I just have strips and a basic OTO kit. The pool has so much chlorine in it it has been almost brown on the oto drop test. There is places on the top of the water that almost look like oil. Small but they are there. Also a small amount of brownish foam and some kind of sediment. Not sure what it is. This is all on the surface. Water is green and cloudy still. I’ve went through 13 gallons of bleach now. Can it be normal to take this long? View attachment 485505
Without accurate test results any reply would just be guessing. Best to get the test kit replenished as it’ll save you from wasting money on overly adding chlorine.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.