Added 3 Lbs Cal-Hypo to Shock, Water Still Very Cloudy

Apr 23, 2013
Last weekend I found Algae growing under Ladder Stairs. Scrubbed & dislodged algae. Fell to bottom of pool.
I decided to get some 70% Chlorine Cal-Hypo. Put 3 One LB. bags in on Tuesday. Raised FC to 7.5. My CH is 314. It's Friday night & the water is still very Cloudy.
I have never seen the water so cloudy. Don't think I'll use Cal-Hypo anymore. :-(
Tonight I finally Did a nice long 3 Minute Backwash & I'm hoping tomorrow it will clear up.
Any suggestions or ideas as to why. Did I use too much Cal-Hypo?

If you see algae, why are you not following the shock process correctly?

Cal-hypo can make the water cloudy ... why did you not stick with liquid chlorine? What is your CYA now?

Sorry for not posting Tests.

I use the Taylor T2005 (Complete High) (I know! Not The Best Test Kit)

FC 7.5
CYA 60 (Ace Hardware Test says 113. Have Tested it at ACE like 8 times in last 4 months, always in 100 Range)
I am following instructions explicitly Testing CYA with my Taylor Kit, The Black Dot finally disappears at 60.
TA 90
PH 7.8
CH 314

And Yes, I will only use Liquid Chlorine from now on. I was looking for a more concentrated form of shock, without putting 5 Gallons of 10% Chlorine. Being Lazy never Pays Off! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.