intro

Mavrk

May 24, 2013
Central/East FL
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been reading the boards for a couple months now while I wait to move into my new home with my first pool. I have learned a lot reading everything. I am 2 weeks away from having the pool and have the Taylor 2006 test kit ready to go. I know the current owner uses the pool store numbers since they commented on it and even said "that is everyone here does." Guess I might think twice before swimming in my neighbors' pools haha.

I am not positive the type of pool, but I think it is a fiberglass 15k gallon, with SWG. It has an attached spa. I don't know the filter type, but there is a heater that runs on propane. Since this is central/east Florida I don't know how much heating I will need during the summer though. Maybe just the spa.

The water looks clear, but I fear the CYA numbers are going to be really high since they went with the pool store suggestions which probably means chlorine tablets. I guess I will find out in a couple weeks. In the mean time I will continue to read and live vicariously.

I plan to add borax to the pool once I know the numbers are steady.

Welcome to TFP !!

When you get your pool post the test results. In the meantime keep reading. Congrats on learning to take control of your pool yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.