Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hasa pH Adjuster?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hasa pH Adjuster?

I have recently recieved and will be installing the 8 gal. Liquidator, and I am looking for more info on the pH Adjustor. Isn't it designed to be used as a companion to the Liquidator?
    I have a gunite pool with a couple sprays and sheer descent waterfalls that keep it well aeriated. My pH tends to rise, fairly quickly.
    Tired of walking along the coping, dribbling muriatic acid from a full Big Gulp cup into my pool every few days. Would like to get an automated setup.
    7x7 spa drains>16K IG, Gunite/Plaster, Compool 3600, Purex Triton Minimax Plus 350, Sand Filter, 8 Gal Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Shell,

Not talking you out of the pH adjuster, but consider one slow pour directly in front of a return jet for your MA. It will distribute very quickly and evenly.

It would seem much more troublesome to walk along the side of the pool.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    It is almost always possible to balance the chemistry so that PH rise is minimal. It can take a bit of effort though. If you want to post a set of test results we can suggest things that might reduce the rate of PH increase.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the tip Duraleigh.
    Sounds good Jason, I'll post up a full set tonight. I'd like to be able to have this pool fairly stable and low maintainance for my wife while I'm offshore. I just had to reclaim it from another algae bloom when I got back home this time.
    7x7 spa drains>16K IG, Gunite/Plaster, Compool 3600, Purex Triton Minimax Plus 350, Sand Filter, 8 Gal Liquidator