Eventually I will get the hang of this algae

Lol I might need a bigger pool for everyone to fit!!!

I hate to go and tell them the wrong thing, you guys know way more than me, but feel free to link them to this post which may help them when they have just about given up like I did. Thats kinda why I did the play by play so they could see what I had to do and how often. I had to go out of the parameters of the 24 hour mustard shock, according to pool school, to kill it, and go 48, I beleive this probably stressed the liner a little for that long, even though I followed the CYA/shock amounts, but it would not die. Must have been some type of prehistoric strand!!! Thats where I would be hesitant in telling someone to go longer than pool school suggest, I would not want to tell them something that would damage their pool.

I think the thing the helped the most to clear it was the DE to sand filter and keep backwashing the green out. That made the world of difference instead of trying to wait for the sand filter to get dirty, since AGPs have no drain to move the stuff and all you have is one tiny skimmer and one return. Oh and of course the vacumming to waste and addition of Polyquat.

All is still well, just checked it this morning, and really appreciate you guys, and gals, helping us all out since most of the dummies at the pool stores have no clue and just want you to spend money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.