Contemplating adding an extra return to my intex

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
I have a 26' x 52" intex ultra frame pool. I have installed a widemouth skimmer and am planning to hard plumb it all.

The skimmer and return are positioned in adjacent sections of the pool so they are fairly close together. What I'm thinking of doing when I hard plumb is to put in an additional return on the far side of the pool in order to increase circulation. Leaves sometimes get hung up along the water line on the far side of the pool.

I'm not sure if the SandPro 75 pump/filter (3/4 hp) I have now will support this extra return so I came here to all the pool guru's I've come to know and respect.

Is what I am proposing feasible or even desirable?
Since the pool is large, would it behoove me to wait till I can upgrade to an a **better pump and larger filter?

**I edited to read "better" pump instead of "in-ground" pump.**

Thank you for any input.

You could plumb it with valves, then if you do not get enough velocity with both open, you could close one, then upgrade the pump at your leisure.

What size eyeball do you have on your current return?

Thank you Linen. That makes a lot of sense.

Currently, I still have the original intex return. I also have the one that came packaged with the skimmer. When I do the hard plumb I figured to replace the intex return with a standard one. I did plan on having valves in for each intake and return involved.

It's curious that with all the mods to these pools I haven't read about anyone doing this and was wondering if there was a reason/down side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.