Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Wow! I left the forum on a page and came back and changes!

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924

    Wow! I left the forum on a page and came back and changes!

    I was on one page and then left to do something. Came back and changed to a different link and WOW a whole new look.

    Although - this new change has slowed the navigational scrolling quite a lot. Not thrilled with that.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    87
    I like the look and think we should wait to evaluate the features until the change over is completed bySean. I think it is still a work in progress.
    24'x54" Sharkline Matrix by Wilbar International, 15,200 gallons (2015)
    Jacuzzi 75 sq ft Cartridge Filter 1 hp two speed pump
    Solar Heat with Goldline GL-235 Controller
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 28669 SWG
    TF100, SampleSizer, and Speed Stir

  3. Back To Top    #3
    SeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    2,622
    The pages load fast but yes the scrolling is going to be slower. On the bright side, you won't lose your vision quite as fast as you would have with the old template.
    TFP Founder

    My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  4. Back To Top    #4
    SeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    2,622
    We also now have a chat feature - button at top; just use the default room that comes up.
    TFP Founder

    My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    looks good, and I don't really notice the scrolling thing... I seem not to have too many problems experienced by others... maybe I just don't know enough to know whan I HAVE a problem!!

    8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

  6. Back To Top    #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by DrC
    I like the look and think we should wait to evaluate the features until the change over is completed bySean. I think it is still a work in progress.
    I'm not criticizing the look, but then I thought the old look was great, too. I'm just reporting the difference. It's enough to be somewhat irritating or surprising and didn't know if Sean was aware of the issue or whether there was something that could be done about it. I work in IT, we can't take slow.

    I see now, that he has posted and is aware that it is slower scrolling.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    SeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    2,622
    Is it still slow for you? I've found that on my lap top the scroll feature of the little pad is very slow, but with a normal mouse and scroll wheel, it's as fast as ever. It may just be that it was slow while the instal was still in progress.

    I've been wanting a cordless mouse for the laptop anyway.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    TFP Founder

    My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  8. Back To Top    #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    477
    Personally I don't find it slow. I do however, not like the look of the new posts 'envelopes', as it is truly hard to see the difference. Things like that are very easy to fix by someone who knows how to. Overall, I really like the new look. It is clean, crisp, fresh, and looks up to the times, which seems hard to find in a forum template.
    steve

    Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by sevver
    Personally I don't find it slow. I do however, not like the look of the new posts 'envelopes', as it is truly hard to see the difference. Things like that are very easy to fix by someone who knows how to. Overall, I really like the new look. It is clean, crisp, fresh, and looks up to the times, which seems hard to find in a forum template.
    I agree with the envelope thingy. Maybe change the color of the "new" envelope for better distiction?

    The green reminds me of algae water
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .

  10. Back To Top    #10
    SeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    2,622
    Unfortunatley, those are not things that are easily changed. Just think of the green as an emerald PT finish. I'll suggest the envelope change to the developer, maybe he can make the change on his next version.

    Actually, once the new banner is up there, it will break up the green a bit.
    TFP Founder

    My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    278
    I put a new icon for the new post up. The scroll issue will get better with time due to server caching. I like the new look.
    Steve
    Echo Canyon II by Artesian Pools, 13.5 KGal AG Round, 22" Artesian Sand Filter 2 hp Artesian pump
    Med Lab Tech for 12 years in E.TN
    Chem testing by Trouble Free Test Kits

  12. Back To Top    #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Is it still slow for you? I've found that on my lap top the scroll feature of the little pad is very slow, but with a normal mouse and scroll wheel, it's as fast as ever. It may just be that it was slow while the instal was still in progress.

    I've been wanting a cordless mouse for the laptop anyway.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Yes, it is still slow and jerky since the new look. Even when I click on the scroll bar arrows. I don't have any problems at other forums nor with the old look. I'll check it from work tomorrow - too lazy to hook up my other computer today - rather swim. Hehehehe!

    I know you'll find a way to smooth it out.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggsw
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Is it still slow for you? I've found that on my lap top the scroll feature of the little pad is very slow, but with a normal mouse and scroll wheel, it's as fast as ever. It may just be that it was slow while the instal was still in progress.

    I've been wanting a cordless mouse for the laptop anyway.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Yes, it is still slow and jerky since the new look. Even when I click on the scroll bar arrows. I don't have any problems at other forums nor with the old look. I'll check it from work tomorrow - too lazy to hook up my other computer today - rather swim. Hehehehe!

    I know you'll find a way to smooth it out.
    Is this a Windows 95 machine?
    steve

    Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

  14. Back To Top    #14

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Stony Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    10
    I have found the site to load slowly as well as the slow scrolling others have mentioned. Possibly the loading issue is because I am still on dial-up...no DSL out here in the sticks.
    I really liked the original site layout but as a former BBS SYSOP I understand the desire to update, revamp, and make improvements to the site.
    "It's All About The Duck"!

  15. Back To Top    #15

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Morris, IL
    Posts
    477
    If anyone wants to, you can click your profile button at the top and choose the template to use. There are two others to choose from right now I believe. Cobalt, and sub-silver.
    steve

    Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

  16. Back To Top    #16
    SeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    2,622
    No, actually you can't. I've got this one set as a forced default. We have done a lot of mods to this template and rather than try and copy each mod onto each template, we are just going to move forward with the one.

    That's why it took me so long to find a template. I wanted to try and find one that would please the greatest number of people.
    TFP Founder

    My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  17. Back To Top    #17

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by sevver
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggsw
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    Is it still slow for you? I've found that on my lap top the scroll feature of the little pad is very slow, but with a normal mouse and scroll wheel, it's as fast as ever. It may just be that it was slow while the instal was still in progress.

    I've been wanting a cordless mouse for the laptop anyway.

    Thanks for the feedback.
    Yes, it is still slow and jerky since the new look. Even when I click on the scroll bar arrows. I don't have any problems at other forums nor with the old look. I'll check it from work tomorrow - too lazy to hook up my other computer today - rather swim. Hehehehe!

    I know you'll find a way to smooth it out.
    Is this a Windows 95 machine?
    Why no! It's Windows ME, which I just upgraded to from Windows 3.12. hahahahaha! Not really. I'm running XP pro
    You are too funny, sevver. You know what's really funny is that Saturday I went to help out a friend of mine with a computer issue at his business. While I was there, he wanted me to add another computer to his network. It was an old HP Windows 98 machine with only 190 Mb of RAM - she spit and sputtered, but she logged on. Couldn't handle running their apps, but hey, whatever, it's all good.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  18. Back To Top    #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    924
    Sean, This may be something incompatible with your new look and IE or maybe even IE7 only. I am now using Firefox with this site and it scrolls just fine.

    With IE7 and the new TFP look, it was horrible and almost unbearable trying to use it. Besides the hurky jerky slow scrolling, some of the links to discussion areas, posts and other links would give an erratic doubleclick sound.
    Buggs

    14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

  19. Back To Top    #19
    SeanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)
    Posts
    2,622
    I think some of this is cache'ing issues that will resolve themselves within a week or so - progressively getting better.
    TFP Founder

    My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

  20. Back To Top    #20

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    237
    FWIW, the old look was verrrry slow scrolling on my machine. So much so, that I visited this site reluctantly, and if not for the good content,probably wouldn't have ever come back.

    The NEW look scrolls just fine. I like it.

    Using XP, with older IE 6.0.


    Steve who is happy when things get better and he has no reason why
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •