Questions about heater

May 8, 2010
Kendall Park, NJ
I am considering installing a heater and after doing some basic research I have narrowed it down to Raypak 406k BTU. My pool guy has given me a quote for $2800 for a Raypak406k digital heaterwith 2 years warranty, 1st year coverd by manufacturer and he covers 2nd year with parts I pay only labor.
I can get a heater online for under $1800 such as the one below and can have him install for $300 (saves me ~$700) which route should I take?
http://www.poolsupplies.com/product/equ ... gas-heater
any other requirements or routes I should consider? I have a gas line availabble near the pool for a heater. Thanks.
Its a salt water pool.

So you asked your pool guy that if you purchased it that he would install it for $300? If this is the case, why can't he purchase it from his supplier and only charge you the $300 for the install?

Look at the manufacturers warranty. Some companies are starting to get a bit picky about their warranty and internet purchases.

If you're going with gas, make sure you know exactly where the heater can go. Reading the manual on the unit I want to buy, unit must be 5 feet from the pool. However, the vent top also must be 10 feet below, or to either side, of any opening in the building (house). The only way this works for me is if I'm permitted to run an extension on the vent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.