Intex - adding Hayward thru-wall skimmer PVC Thread question

May 1, 2013
McKinney, TX
Hi everyone-

Just found this site and really enjoy reading through all the information (and headaches) that people have shared!

I am in the process of hard plumbing my replacement Intex filter/pump along with the Hayward Skimmer. The problem I have is that all of the threaded PVC connections are leaking....no matter what I have done.

I read on the pvc connection manufacturers site, that I should NOT use Teflon tape, however I see other people are doing this. Others have suggested to use pipe dope and then there are some that say not needed or don't do it!

Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Intex - adding Hayward thru-wall skimmer PVC Thread ques

Welcome to tfp, Eyemalive :wave:

Most likely you will need something on the threads to prevent leaking. I have successfully used 3-4 wraps of teflon tape, also using a thread sealant for plastic pipe can work.

Re: Intex - adding Hayward thru-wall skimmer PVC Thread ques

Welcome to TFP.

Linen has some good advice. I like the paste, but tape works too. If you get paste be sure to get the stuff that's for plastic piping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.