FC: 3.5
CC: .5
TC: 4.0
Temp: 81
pH: 7.4
Hardness: 390
TA: 80
CYA: 50

I took a sample to the local Anthony & Sylvan simply because they have a means to test for borates, and I do not. I've been considering adding borates after I have read the accolades here but I wanted to know where I was starting from... -103lbs of Borax 20 Mule?? and 6 gallons of acid for 50ppm?? -Seems a lot, but I'll attend to that later...

I have the TFP test kit (which gave me the results above). They did an entire battery on their Waterlink system which I found interesting (results blow) -and the results were similar enough to mine -I was not concerned. Except....

Their system spit out a recommendation that because I have a "Nitrate level of 37ppm", I should drain and replace 61% of my water. I have never tracked Nitrates, much less thought of replacing water because of them. Should I be taking this recommendation seriously?

Thoughts appreciated.

Their Waterlink results -if you care to compare -again they were pretty close...:

FC: 3.52
CC: .29
TC: 3.81
Temp: 65F
pH: 7.5
Hardness: 403
TA: 82
CYA: 66
Copper: 0
Iron: 0
Borate: 0
Nitrate: 37

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.