First test results

That TA rise seems a little high I think, but no matter, deal with that later. You now want to lower the pH to about 7.2 and start the shock process. Make sure to update the TA in the poolcalculator as it affects the amount of chemical needed to move the pH.

Tried some pH minus from hth the other night (left over from the last owner), didn't seem to be working all that well so drunkatom decided he was mad and was going to dump 3 gallons of bleach in anyway loltard.

pH - between 7.5-7.8
FC - 9.0
CC - .5
TA - 160
CYA - 40

blackatom said:
Ok so what's my gameplan now? I would offer my thought process but its been hilariously wrong pretty much every time.
What does the water look like? Green? Cloudy? Hazy?

What's the Combined Chlorine reading?

Facts determine what to do next. Other than FC being a bit high, I see nothing you posted to be horrific. If the water's clear and there's no CC, go swimming.
file.php

Richard320 said:
blackatom said:
Ok so what's my gameplan now? I would offer my thought process but its been hilariously wrong pretty much every time.
What does the water look like? Green? Cloudy? Hazy?

What's the Combined Chlorine reading?

Facts determine what to do next. Other than FC being a bit high, I see nothing you posted to be horrific. If the water's clear and there's no CC, go swimming.
file.php
Water is very clear. Cc is .5.

Just did my oclt test
Ph - 7.5-7.8 (leaning towards 7.8)
Fc - 9.5
Cc - .5
Ta - 170
Cya - 50
Ph and chlorine will lower over time as long as I don't add anymore bleach or borax yes? Water is real clear just some stuff I have to vacuum out of the middle in the bottom. Time to go scrub and vac. Of course when I think I'm ready it is going to rain today!

Are you reporting that you're FC went up overnight? That should not be possible unless you had pucks in the pool or a SWG running. Could just be testing error.

If you pass the OCLT, then you can let the FC drop and just maintain lower FC levels.

The pH will not likely drop on its own unless you are using pucks. You will need to use muriatic acid to lower the pH.

jblizzle said:
Are you reporting that you're FC went up overnight? That should not be possible unless you had pucks in the pool or a SWG running. Could just be testing error.

If you pass the OCLT, then you can let the FC drop and just maintain lower FC levels.

The pH will not likely drop on its own unless you are using pucks. You will need to use muriatic acid to lower the pH.
Most likely a testing error. I'm guessing I was off the first time and it really was 9.5. Good on the oclt.
I'll get some acid to lower the ph gradually. Looking good otherwise though it seems. Thanks everyone.

Slam Day 17. Brushing and vacuuming and backwashing oh my. 2x a day minimum. Even the GD WALL WHALE ISN'T SAVING ME. ;lajwogijha;dlkjaw;lrhg;LDHJF;ldjgla;shgfa

FC 18
CC .5
TA 110
CYA 50
PH 7.2 (Pre-slam)
CH 120

Progress photos. Every day. Same spot. Same time.
Fn Pool - Google Photos
Day 1 FIELD OF GREENS
20170605_122535.jpg

Day 2 LITTLE BETTER
20170606_122403.jpg

Day 4 DEF PROGRESS SWEET
20170608_122457.jpg

Day 9 EVEN MORE PROGRESS SWEET
20170613_122604.jpg

DAY 12 I'M SLOWLY DYING ON THE INSIDE
20170616_122800.jpg

DAY 16 SUICIDE IMMINENT
20170621_122648.jpg

God help us all if this big blue ***** doesn't look like a swarovski store when this is over with.

Someone tell me I'm doing SOMETHING wrong before I set it on fire.

Attachments

• 20170610_123727.jpg
    20170610_123727.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slam Day 17. Brushing and vacuuming and backwashing oh my. 2x a day minimum. Even the GD WALL WHALE ISN'T SAVING ME. ;lajwogijha;dlkjaw;lrhg;LDHJF;ldjgla;shgfa

FC 18
CC .5
TA 110
CYA 50
PH 7.2 (Pre-slam)
CH 120

Progress photos. Every day. Same spot. Same time.
Fn Pool - Google Photos
Day 1 FIELD OF GREENS
View attachment 64185

Day 2 LITTLE BETTER
View attachment 64187

Day 4 DEF PROGRESS SWEET
View attachment 64188

Day 9 EVEN MORE PROGRESS SWEET
View attachment 64189

DAY 12 I'M SLOWLY DYING ON THE INSIDE
View attachment 64191

DAY 16 SUICIDE IMMINENT
View attachment 64190

God help us all if this big blue ***** doesn't look like a swarovski store when this is over with.

Someone tell me I'm doing SOMETHING wrong before I set it on fire.

Oooh.....I'm so sorry. Can't help you because I don't know what I'm doing either.....but I wanted to let you know I empathize. I'm interested to hear from the experts. Hang in there!:drown:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.