Clever ways to hide pool equipment...

I have some left over concrete blocks and borders, I am going to need to try something like this.

file.php

Hi all. I think the waterfall idea is genius! We are looking to build something to help protect the equipment from the elements (particularly the harsh New England winters) but also because the equipment is right next to the side of the house. Thinking of a shed style roof off the house and then potentially building removable walls with lattice. My understanding is that you should make sure you have plenty of room for airflow (especially if you have a heater as there are code clearance issues) as well as room to do repairs and replace equipment if necessary. Any thoughts?

I hope to hide my equipment behind a shed but I may not ave enough room to do so. If not I plan to put the equipment behind a small L-shape fence. One fence I found that I like is a SimTek fence. It's a vinyl fence that looks like a stone wall. Here is a link, http://www.simtekfence.com/photo-gallery/. They are a little pricy but look good and a small section wouldn't be to bad. They even have a concrete bolting kit that would make installation a snap.

Daren

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just used plain ole plastic picket fence, compliments of Lowe's. However, instead of fastening the sections permanently to each post, I left them loose, making it easy to slide each section up and down for easier access to the pool equipment.

Attachments

• PICT0347.JPG
    PICT0347.JPG
    395.4 KB · Views: 375
I got a great idea the other day...my stuff is close to the house, and a real "shed" would look out of place. But my builders idea was a much more contained shed unit, with just enough size to cover the two pumps, filter, SWG and sub panel. the two little used sides would have removable panels, and the font panel would just be a door, large enough to access the pump strainer, and sub panel breakers. The one side next to the heat pump would remain open. It would be small enough as to not look oddly out of the place, but match the house and serviceable, all while greatly cutting down on noise in the general area. It's in the planning stages!

Hi Steveg_nh, your approach is similar to what I posted above, however, I haven't had a chance to start constructing it yet (been too busy wrapping things up for fall and keeping up with the leaves!). Would be very interested to see how yours comes out and get some more info on design. I am planning on a shed style shingled roof, lagged into the side lf the house, and building 4x4 posts. The 2 side walls would be removable with the ability to let air pass through to the equipment (via lattice?), especially for the heater, and with an access door (removable as well) on the front for daily access to the equipment.

Here is what we did. Look closely at the top photo on the left side of the near shed and you might be able to see a white piece of paper sticking up behind the plantings. Now look at the bottom photo and you'll see the same piece of paper (actually in a zip lock) tucked in next to the electrical box. There is about a four foot path parallel to the shed so you can walk back and turn valves, clean the filter, etc. Both the shed and pool equipment are all inset off the fence line.

Attachments

• 101_2927.JPG
    101_2927.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 318
  • 101_2925.JPG
    101_2925.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 318
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.