I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket ...

May 20, 2013
Hi Again, I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket and turned on the pump and it worked, ran it for 2 days, vacuumed, then backwashed, turned off the pump and now when I turn it on, no pressure again. It wont filter. tried filling the pump basket again and it still wont work. I have a Large hayword series filter 50 psi with a a.o.smith 1.5 hp pump.. is it the size of the pump?????

markburley said:
Hi Again, I couldnt get pressure so i filled my pump basket and turned on the pump and it worked, ran it for 2 days, vacuumed, then backwashed, turned off the pump and now when I turn it on, no pressure again. It wont filter. tried filling the pump basket again and it still wont work. I have a Large hayword series filter 50 psi with a a.o.smith 1.5 hp pump.. is it the size of the pump?????
That 50 PSI just jumped out at me. :shock: Is that the pressure it was running at, or did you get that off the label?

Also, does the gauge work? Or did it, when it was pumping? What does it say when its off, and did you see what it was running at when it did work?

Not priming means either no water or the impeller isn't spinning. Since it went dry before but worked when you manually filled the basket, I'd start by looking for an air leak on the suction side. Round up the usual suspects: low water level, stuck weir in the skimmer, loose drain plugs on the
pump, poor seal on the pump strainer basket, and leaks at the fittings, especially any couplings.

[center:qi3xpux1][youtube:qi3xpux1]vtSmfws0_To[/youtube:qi3xpux1][/center:qi3xpux1]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.