Question about sand filter?

Feb 2, 2008
Northwest Indiana
My buddy has an 18 foot pool with a sand filter. He has filled with water and has pump running. His problem is that he very little suction on the skimmer side. Water is flowing through, but he feels no draw of water down the skimmer. When he tries to vacuume the vacuume hose cover does not draw down and stay attached to skimmer.

My problem is thst I dont know anything about sand filters...and their mechanics or operation. He says the pressur gage keeps edging upward, but there is no suction. I know this usually m...eans there is a bad connection or hose somewhere...but where. Or is this an issue i side the filter or with the multi valve? Any thoughts

It wasa loose elbow connector on suction side, went overand checked it and found the elbow wasnt tightened down. We teflon taped it again and tightened it down good...reconnected the hose thar ran from pump to filter, and it was all good. Strong suction and 14-16 psi and steady.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.