Am I headed in the right direction?

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
This is how my pool looks on day three of shock process. I will say I do not have a good test kit yet but I have ordered it. When I opened my pool it was green and cya was 0. I have put in 4 pounds of stabilizer and 16 bottles of 121 oz. bleach from Wal Mart. My pH is a little high but it has been raining like crazy here. Soooo I guess my question is do I maintain shock level and be patient or am I missing something....
The pool is actually more blue than this picture shows. Just very milky. I tried to post picture it's just not happening! I feel stupid! :brickwall:

You almost had it! I just adding the Img code around your link for you :) Butterfly
8758108328_88cdf2ed50_z.jpg

Looks like you are on the way. Ignore your pH while shocking. The chlorine can interfere with the pH test.

Brush or vacuum daily and scoop out any debris on the bottom to speed things along.

I have been brushing walls and floor a few times a day. There is actually no debris on bottom so that is good. It was just green when I opened it. I could see the bottom when I took off cover. so the water was green but clear and the bottom was gross. I just keep pouring in bleach. I feel like there is more bleach than water in my pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.