picking up lubricant/sealant from home depot/lowes

On the teflon tape, absolutely OK. For the silicone lube, it appears that might be a liquid style? I am more in favor of the gel style, which they should carry in the plumbing aisle - usually called Faucet lube or some such - it's a silicone lube that's a bit thicker than, say, petroleum jelly (which you should NOT use - it's bad for orings and plastics, and can get a bit rancid over time).

Just my 2 cents -

I got this:

http://www.amazon.com/PACK-Aladdin-...809414&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=jacks+magic+lube

41lNuahmVVL.jpg

I use it for other stuff. So one tube in the garage and one by the pool works great. $12 and I'm good for years with 2x5oz. The pool store prices are absolutely insane on crappy little 1 oz. tubes. Ridiculous.

thanks i ended up getting the cheap teflon tape and the small little .5oz jar of silicone lub from home depot.. i purchased a similar lube from ace two years ago and found it really tacky, but the one from home depot seems to be a lot smoother and easier to work with.

thanks for the feedback!!!

Good that your HD store has the silicone lube. My only source for it is pool stores. All I can find outside of the pool stores is the aerosol spray and that doesn't cut it.

257WbyMag said:
Good that your HD store has the silicone lube. My only source for it is pool stores. All I can find outside of the pool stores is the aerosol spray and that doesn't cut it.

fyi - it was totally in an obscure place .. hanging on a hook in the plumbing section alongside connectors and other small pipe attachments. no other lubricants there.. in a different aisle from the teflon tape too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.