New BBB trainee, need a plan for this year

Came back and tested the water... The FC was at 8.5, so I added more to keep it at 10.

Filter needed backwashed, but instead of backwashing, I just took the Dang thing apart and sprayed it out. Figured it would run longer that way.

The water is getting clearer, to the point I can see the bottom and all the dirt and whatnot.

Another question, at what point do I vacuum all the stuff off the bottom, from experience, it's a pain in the Rear with DE cause it clogs up to the point where I get no suction about every 5 to 10 feet.

Finished putting the last of my 4 lbs of CYA in the sock, so that should be all in the pool by tomorrow.

markc99 said:
Came back and tested the water... The FC was at 8.5, so I added more to keep it at 10.

Filter needed backwashed, but instead of backwashing, I just took the **** thing apart and sprayed it out. Figured it would run longer that way.

The water is getting clearer, to the point I can see the bottom and all the dirt and whatnot.

Another question, at what point do I vacuum all the stuff off the bottom, from experience, it's a pain in the *** with DE cause it clogs up to the point where I get no suction about every 5 to 10 feet.

Finished putting the last of my 4 lbs of CYA in the sock, so that should be all in the pool by tomorrow.
Vacuum it up ASAP and then backwash/spray it out of the filter. If it's organic, the bleach tries to oxidize it away, which wastes a lot of bleach. You want the bleach to work on the stuff that's too small to see with the naked eye. The whole process goes faster if you manually remove as much debris as possible.

Got up this morning, filter was running, but no water was moving. Bumped the DE filter and prepared to vacuum. Here is what it looked like before..

Attachments

• PoolBeforeVac1.JPG
    PoolBeforeVac1.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PoolBeforeVac2.JPG
    PoolBeforeVac2.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 12
Well, after a bunch of bumping and backwashing once, I got the thing vacuumed. Afterwards, the water is a little cloudy, but generally looks good.

Checked for FC, which was at 9. Added 30 oz to being me back up to 10 FC. Before I fired the pump back up, I took it apart again, and hosed it out.

Attached are the after vacuum pictures.

Attachments

• PoolAfterVac1.JPG
    PoolAfterVac1.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PoolAfterVac2.JPG
    PoolAfterVac2.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.