step right up...

onewomanarmy

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2011
...and throw in an opinion! :wink:

I'd like to get our pool steps....prettier...when we replace our liner. Not finding many places around here (central KY) that specifically repair/resurface pool steps though. I assume they are fiberglass but will look through old papers later to see if I can find out for sure. We don't have any leaks as far as I can tell, I think the problem is mostly cosmetic at this point but I'm sure it could very easily turn into a larger issue. I think all we have right now is "blistering" of the surface. There are hard, raised bumps that are darker in color (and therefore stand out like a sore thumb) with small surface cracks across the bump.

I have seen a few bathroom remodeling places mention pool steps in their services listed. Does anyone have any experience with these types of places doing repairs on pool steps? I'm a little skeptical because in one of the places I was looking at, in the FAQs, someone asked if they could redo toilets and the response was that they could not because the finished surface they apply was not meant for standing water situations. Hmmm... So they either use a different product on the pool steps or maybe this bathroom refinishing route is not the way to go...? This one in particular did list pool steps as one of the things they repair/resurface. If I can find a local place I will call them and ask, but thought I'd ask you guys. I generally trust this board's knowledge over most other yahoos I hear talking about pool stuff... :-D

thanks!

Ha! That might be my best option!

Wonder if, since these spots don't seem to be causing leaking, I could just do some sort of epoxy paint to seal them up and cover the discolorations. Also going to talk to a boat shop. There has to be someone around here that can do this kind of thing!

I wouldn't want to pay for it!

I think my biggest worry is that doing anything to the steps is asking for trouble. I've seen so many people talk about some of the epoxy paints that they've used on their pools and am leery of causing a bigger problem than the ugliness osmotic blisters. Maybe I just start convincing myself that our steps are polka dotted...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.