New-to-me home. Slow down the waterfall from spa to pool?

May 5, 2013
Austin TX
Hi all - New to the site, so take it easy on me. Just trying to learn...

We bought a pool home without any real insight into the workings or features of the pool system, so I'd love some help figgering it out.

My current issue is that to run the heat in the cajuzzi (as named by my 4 year old) the filter needs to be on.
When the filter is on, this also starts HOT water spilling into the main pool (gotta be a gallon every few seconds).
Seems wasteful to push all that HOT water into the main pool to bring the cajuzzi up to the 100+ degree range.

Is there a valve in site in the attached pics that I can try and close a bit to slow the stream from the jacuzzi?? Other thoughts?

THanks in advance for any advice. And happy mother's day! :-D
Dave911

Attachments

• bigshot3.jpg
    bigshot3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 71
  • tightshot3.jpg
    tightshot3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 71
  • RockWall.jpg
    RockWall.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 71
Re: New-to-me home. Slow down the waterfall from spa to pool

Welcome to TFP!

So it sounds like the spillover is still happening? Did you move 2 valves so that the suction and return is only from/to the spa? If the spa is still overflowing, then you are not only sucking from the spa.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

jblizzle said:
...move 2 valves so that the suction and return is only from/to the spa...

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, the overflow is happening. Can't wait to see that first heating bill...Anyway, I'd like to try your solution, but I'm struggling to make out what's going on with the maze of pipes. I put some numbers on the pics to help with the discussion. Any valves with numbers look like candidates to slow the pool in/out flow? Thanks again. Dave911

6 appears to be the suction line that is currently in the pool setting. For the spa, it should be rotated by 180 degrees ... Check that.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thank u Blizzle. There seems to be an electric switch on the back off the nozzle. Triggering the switch down doesn't seem to move the valve? Is there a secret to the trigger? Do I need to have the pump off or something? Or perhaps the electric valve controller is broken? Thoughts? Thx again, dave

Are you talking about a toggle switch on the actuator? There is an off in the middle, but switching between the far left and right should move the valve. If not, it may not be getting power or something is broken.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.