Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

Re: Fill'er up!!- Texas AGP (Intex)

[center:1qpav5y4] :mrgreen: MARCO :mrgreen: [/center:1qpav5y4]

Great job! Now go swimming!!!

Casey said:
[center:1ydsbzet] :mrgreen: MARCO :mrgreen: [/center:1ydsbzet]

Great job! Now go swimming!!!

Right!!?? Too bad I'm on mids right now, I get off late. Just trying to balance the water. When I tested this morning FC was .4....seems kinda low if that's right, water is clear (I realize it's just filled though) And Ph was 7.8. I'll keep plugging away at it and get it right. I need to get some dichlor.

Sent from my HTC One X

lol :mrgreen:

Get some stabilizer/conditioner a.k.a. CYA in there. Dichlor will work too. I prefer the powdered CYA myself. :goodjob:

Re: 1st Week Update - Texas AGP (Intex)

A week in to having the pool up and everything is going smoothly!! The leveling is off a bit (Grr.... :grrrr: ) but minimal. I added 40lbs of pool salt and the water is delish! Testing daily with a Taylor 2006 and maintaining BBB, oh: 7.6, FC: 4-5, CYA: Not showing up yet. I must say the water is crystal clear. With the location near the tree, the water has maintained 82 degrees constant so far, getting morning shade and then late evening shade from the neighbor's side. Obviously, I expect that to increase with the progression of summer. I am completely satisfied with this pool.

Although I'm sure getting approved financing for an IG would be no issue, I can't justify it on this property. This AGP is the perfect compromise. And at 22', it's enough pool.

I must thank this site for all the available information!! :goodjob: What a treasure trove it has been, and has made this process not only easier, but a success! Thanks so much. Will try posting updated pics soon and as the project goes forward..... :cheers:

Overcast today:

udavu5ah.jpg

ytavate6.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: 1st Week Update - Texas AGP (Intex)

Yes. Pavers were used. This thread should show my process from beginning on. I think the pavers can be seen in the photos.

Edit: Looking through the pics, I guess I didn't capture the pavers. But they're there.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Re: Texas AGP (Intex) - Will update

You did a fantastic job Joshua! :goodjob:

AMAZING! Great job! After seeing your posts I think I WILL go with the styrofoam after all. Your pictures show me that, despite it being more work, maybe I should have done the leveling WITHOUT the heavy equipment... looks like it makes it easier to get a perfect circle this way and not make such a mess of the yard. :) lol

Thank you! :grin:

All I can say is take your time. You've obviously spent a great deal of time and money already, and if you have the pool, make it right the first time. The ground can be corrected. Once the pool is up though, it's a different story. You got this...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.