Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone have Memorial Day pool plans?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone have Memorial Day pool plans?

Just wondering who all is opening their pool this weekend or tomorrow. The kids are going to swim today in ours for the 2nd time. They jumped in last week and jumped right out because it was freezing. We've had the solar cover on this week though and it's warming a bit. We're going to have a cookout tomorrow and have some friends over.
    27' ABG
    Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    We'll just eat around the pool. Too danged cold to swim here. Normally we are in before this, but it will be at least a week, probably two the way it looks. It hit 70 yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

We were in it and BBQ ing all day yesterday (a few adult beverages too)

94 degrees today and pool temp is at 86.
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

4. Back To Top    #4
    The pool is not done.... but it's too cold here anyway. Down to 50 overnight and a high of 65 (air). We went to the beach today with the 2 kids (5 & 6 years) thd they had a blast - but they didn't last too long. The air was cold and the water was 68.

Maybe we should drag some chairs out to the dirt around the pool and have a drink or two....

Steve
    Pool: 625 SF Free-Form In-Ground Shotcrete Pool w/7.5' dia spa.(8 jets), 24" raised bond beam (22,500 gal)
    Pentair Equip: Intelliflo VF Pump, MasterTemp 400 Heater, IC40 SWG, Quad DE 100 Filter
    Automation: IntelliTouch i7+3 (+ extender panel), 6 Jandy Automated Valves (S, R, Spa Bypass, Solar, Cleaner, Spillway)
    Other: 75% Solar, Kreepy Kruiser Cleaner, Tan Hip-Hop Diving Board (a bit curved) on 606 Cantilever Base (SR Smith)
    Links: [TFP Pool Build Thread] - [TFP Landscaping Thread]

5. Back To Top    #5

Too cold, but the water is crystal clear. Maybe next week or two.
    Indy 500 watching today was about it.
    20x40 30,000 gal IG Liner, Pentair II Sand

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by txborn
    We were in it and BBQ ing all day yesterday (a few adult beverages too)

94 degrees today and pool temp is at 86.
    I can pass on the 94 degree temps (mid 80's is hot enough for me), but I'm jealous of your 86 degree water! I don't know what our water temp is because yesterday when I went to put the thermometer in, it was broken. I need to pick up a new one. I got in the pool myself for the first time today. I cringed when I first got in, but after that, it wasn't all that bad. Still too cold for me to be comfortable though.
    27' ABG
    Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7
    Pool water here went up to 70 with air temps at 75 maybe...

My son and Casey decided to go swimming after I put the steps in today... Casey was soo excited!
    That lil black dot is Casey's head after she jumped in for her ball!

She sure does love her swimmin pool! 8)

I'm sure she'll be at it again tomorrow!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8
    We had a small group of my sons friends over for swimming in the afternoon (water is 76 and felt great) and then BBQ for supper and fireworks across the lake for the finale
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

9. Back To Top    #9
    OH those pictures look so nice!!! We opened our pool, but not for swimming. The water was at 65 degrees so much too cold. We haven't put the solar panels back up for the season yet. Today its rainey and cool in the 50s. The air temps were in the 80s here yesterday and I got a good sunburn cleaning the pool and riding the horses, but no swimming yet. : (
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

10. Back To Top    #10

My kids started their day in the pool at 8:30 AM yesterday and today. It's been well above average temps here the last week or so and the pool has warmed up to about 85 degrees.
    26,000 Gallon Gunnite IGP
    2 HP Challenger High Head Pump
    60sf Nautilus DE filter
    Polaris 280