Jandy iAqualink and Raypak P-R406A-EN-C compatible?

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
Hello, this spring has me really excited for the swim season here in VA. I really need to replace my pool pump and have been learning and posting trying to figure out what to buy. At the same time pool automation sounds really cool (I like my technology) and the Jandy iAqualink iQ904-p sounds like a nice affordable solution for my Pool (no spa). Two quick questions:

1) will the iAqualink work with my Raypak P-R406A-EN-C? If so what parts would be required? I have read about a 2 or 3 wire harness but don't have it since my heater was installed long before i bought the house. This is pretty much the only reason why I want the automation, to turn on the heater when I am at work!

2) I am thinking about the Jandy pump FHPM1.5-2. Since it is a 2 speed pump do I need to buy a 2 speed motor relay kit 6796, or is that for non Jandy pumps?

I really appreciate the excellent advice I get here....makes the pool fun and trouble free!

I've only seen the remote interface harness sold as part of a kit that includes most of the wiring in the entire unit. It looks like it is made with fairly standard parts, but I don't know which specific series of header it is based on.

Yes, you will want the 2-speed motor relay kit.

JasonLion said:
I've only seen the remote interface harness sold as part of a kit that includes most of the wiring in the entire unit. It looks like it is made with fairly standard parts, but I don't know which specific series of header it is based on.

Yes, you will want the 2-speed motor relay kit.

Jason, thanks so much for taking the time to answer my posts! I will wait on the control unit until I figure out the heater connection. In the meantime I did buy the pool pump and plan to hook it up high speed to start with, then figure out the 2 speed switch.

Can you tell there might be some follow up questions :-D ....but I am gonna research other posts first.

Again, thanks! This forum makes my pool a fun hobby!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.