No Free Chlorine Reading

OK, everyone....good news! After 40 hours of ensuring shock level and checking every hour, i passed the OCLT!!

I had 21.5 ppm last night at 10:00, and still had 21.5 ppm this morning at 5:30. Also, after dropping in the 5 drops of the R-003 test for combined chlorine, the sample remained colorless! So....the way i read this, I have no combined chlorine.

I want to thank you all for the help.

My only remaining question is how long should I wait to worry about PH, alkalinity, and all that. Reading through this site, I found that shocking the pool can affect the other water measurements.

Thanks again for all the responses!

V/r,
Don

You can not accurately test the pH until the FC is less than 10ppm. All other parameters are still valid.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Bama Rambler, the water has always been crystal clear, that was what really started my confusion. I vacuumed it everyday during the shock process. I will let the FC come down under 10 and run my tests. Thanks a lot for all your help.

-don

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.