Help with pool opening please!

aquawife

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Hi all! I joined in the middle of last season and am looking forward to a whole summer of doing things the right way! My question, as I get ready to open my pool here in Connecticut is : with a ph of 6.8, TA of 130, and CYA of 30, Should I raise the ph or leave it low as I try to lower the TA with aeration? Will running the filter be enough aeration? We will not be swimming for a while here!
Oh, I found the perfect tool for getting your sample.....at the dollar store I found something called the H2O Blaster...it is like a jumbo syringe that is 26 inches long, but 18 inches from the tip to the base of the handle.....if you are like me and tend to forget to test the water until after you dress for work, this will be invaluable! I use an irrigation syringe (the kind you get after you have gotten your wisdom teeth extracted) to fill my test vials...works great! Thanks in advance for any input....I am looking forward to a trouble free pool season!!
Michelle

Aeration raises PH--not TA. Raise your Ph to 7.2 or a little better. Just running the pump and filter is NOT aeration. You can get a cheap screw in fountain for the return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.