Whats behind the name?

Need I say more?

Actually a coworker gave me the name long ago. I'd ask him "why do you keep calling me that?" and this reply would always be "Because you're a crab".

Not sure what he meant but the name stuck. I use that name on other forums and lucky enough to grab it in the early days of gmail.

Though I've told it before... Waste was my pledge name in my fraternity (ZBT). I had eschewed studying for my freshman mid-terms, preferring instead to drink and partake of illicit drugs (I'm a Dead Head, if anyone is wondering which drugs). My frat bros thought I was 'wasting' my time and my father's money. They were right, I failed myself out the following year (actually I had the term paper which would have allowed me to go another year in hand, but decided I didn't like college, so didn't turn it in- looking back, probably a bad decision :p )

On other sites I've joined as D0TC - it would take a lot of persuading to reveal what that one means- waste is bad enough, but that one would seriously hurt my credibility :wink:

Dave, having spent many years in Richmond, I knew when I first saw your name how to pronounce it, spell it and ~ where you lived or were from - though it was usually Raleigh - Durham when referring to your area.

The Mermaid Queen said:
DMAN,

how far down 23? Point a la Hache? Empire? Bootheville? in any case, that does NOT make you in the BR area... gotcha!

We lived in Luling for 30 years... slightly north of you..

Actually Queen, from in between Pointe a la Hache and Empire.... called Port Sulphur. No THAT doesn't put us in BR, but Katrina did. She wiped us out,,,,, so wife, daughter, and I followed Divine direction to the BR area. Here we now sit, as blessed as can be.... :-D

DMAN

waste said:
On other sites I've joined as D0TC - it would take a lot of persuading to reveal what that one means- waste is bad enough, but that one would seriously hurt my credibility :wink:

Oh . . . I dunno. Some of the rest of us who also thought college was far out and groovy just might be able to make a good guess at it. :)

Hmmmm, Um it's me and its where I live. ha. I kind of think of myself in my "MOM" handle a lot - my car license has something similar. If I went by what some people around home and my friends think of me, you would see something like "CRZYPRTLDY" or "HRSWMN" or "2MNYCNDLSBRNG" - if it was what some of at work think of me sometimes, well - this is a family forum - never mind.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know I put this up yesterday but since those posts didn't carry over, here it is again. My name is Nikki and my last name starts with N. No cryptic hidden meaning there, sorry. I am just not that clever! It is so interesting to see what is behind some of the names.

~Nikki

Re:

Oh boy, you should have had 'Ong, NE' as an address! LOL
Can you imagine how many times I had to spell that over and over? :)

duraleigh said:
One of the worst mistakes in my business career was "duraleigh".

There is a road that roughly connects Durham, NC to Raleigh, NC called Duraleigh Rd.

Our business was on that road for 20+ years and was prefaced with the name "Duraleigh......"

Naturally, as we started using computers, the username duraleigh seemed to be the natural choice. WRONG! Not a human on earth can spell it over the phone when you say it and most pronounce it incorrectly. (it's pronounced DUR'- a - lee...........not DO - ral - ee)

Anyway, by the time we got sick of spelling it for people, it was too late to change it...it was entertwined throughout our business.

Always the glutton for punishment, I have carried it over to my personal life and have explained it's pronunciation and spelling probably 250,000 times with plenty more to go.

Hey, Boyd, aren't you sorry you asked? :lol: :lol:

Heatmiser was one my line names when I pledged in college. Heatmiser is also actually one of my favorite characters. Don't know if anyone remembers the Christmas specials that used to come on every year with the puppet-like characters, but one of them is The Year Without a Santa Claus. Heatmiser and Coldmiser were brothers and their mother was Mother Nature. Heatmiser's hair stood straight up on his head and that is what mine seemed to do the entire time I was pledging....lol.

The first time I signed up for an ISP user name, the maximum number of characters you could have was 8, so I dropped the last "e". So heatmisr it is.

Dave,

I was surprised when I read that people say your name wrong. I always pronounced it that way when I read it. :-D

I know I am new and many of you haven't seen my name to wonder but I use this on anything and everything from my email to every IM or forum I am a part of.

And in case you havent figured it out, I use it because I.... luv a VB cop

I am married to an officer here in Virginia Beach... and I always love threads like this!!

I love this thread--

Mine is vejadu which is the name of a Jimmy Buffett song and a twist on the word dejavu. I use it here and on the Fuselage, a forum dedicated to the show LOST. Otherwise I'm known as bknlcj which are all the initials of my hubby, myself, my kids and my dog.

You can call me Kristi if you like!

I love how so many of you say you use the initials of your family members.

For 8 years now my husband and I have used ridograkay for many of the things we need a username for and its the address for our family email. It combines the first letters of all our names in order RI-ch, DO-nna, GRA-yson, KAY-lie. One day when we own a vacation home AND a boat it will be the name of both! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.