Whats behind the name?

Whats behind a name

We've had many family members and a few extra kids live with us as long as we've been married. We have a dry erase board on our fridge and we write important messages to each other there. I started signing the notes with the first letter of the name of the person that went with the note. So if Kim, Rick, Sara and Tom went to Lowes I'd sign it "KRST". That let the rest of th household know what was happening and who went where. My name is Kim so I just added the rest of my family's initals to Kim and I had a username. Kimrst

I was Mama G. because I'm a mama and my last name begins with *G* but I changed it to Casey when I got my new computer and couldn't remember my password...

So here she is, Casey... my girlfriend!

Sorry sean... couldn't get in to PM so I re-registered and Jason helped reset my old username with my new one.

I like Casey anyways... that's a face only a mother could love! :lol:

Sabot said:
When it came time to have a handle back in the early 90's, I recalled an old army tanker term which is now my handle.

Sabot means many things (wood shoe is one of them...) for me it is a direct tie to my years spend in an Abrams. Sabot is the command to load/index/shoot an Armor Piercing, Fin Stabilized, Discarding Sabot-Tracer(APFSDS-T). Sabot was much easier to say quickly then that! It's an kinetic energy (KE) armor defeating round.

Isn't the sabot the actual encasement around the penetrator itself? I've seen sabot rounds for shotguns.

One of my roommates in college was in the NG, and was a tank commander. He mentioned Sabot rounds quite often.

Attachments

• IMG03331-20130617-1027.jpg
    IMG03331-20130617-1027.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mjcp - All 4 of my initials,

The more interesting story is why I use all 4 names.
I've always been very sarcastic, and a child when I was confirmed (catholic) The Bishop ceremoniously slapped me and gave me my "Confirmation name".
I figured If I had to sit through that embarassment I was going to use that name, and from then on I've always used all 4 names in my signatures

When I was a baby I used to whoooo whoooo so my parents nicknamed me whoozer sounds like woozer. When I started on the internet back in the 90's I didn't want to use my real name cuz I was petrified someone was gonna figure out where I lived and come and kill me :twisted: Weird I know, but who knew the internet would be this today. A wealth of info. Anyway. It just stuck. I get lots of laughs and wonders about it as I use it in my email too. Oh well habit now I guess :lol:
P.S. I'm a woman not a man....some here thought it was a manly sig...sorry. I can assure you I'm not trying to be something I'm not :wink:

swimming POOL s and SEAN is my name...therefore Poolsean.

WAAAY back in the 90's, in the early days of AOL, I spent many nights in the Single Christian Chat Room, listening to the money meter dial spinning. Some of you may recall that AOL was charging PER HOUR ON LINE. Man, I could have been paying for one of Rolling Thunders Denalis back then!
I use Poolsean on everything now. [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]..
etc.
Around St Patricks day, I am McPoolsean. Halloween I'm BOOOlsean. Independence day I'm poolUSeAn

Hi. My name is Sean. m/45/m(3)/Fla. Do you have a gif? Oh, sorry...flash backs for a second.

This is a great post!
What would be neat too, is to try to figure out peoples names from their screen name.
Who would have thought Waterbear would be an Evan? Or that Luluopaluza would be a Laura.

Like MJCP....ok, he said he was confirmed in the catholic church... What are some good christian names?
Michael John Christian Pastrani? just playing.... :wink:

Mine came from the snowmobile I was riding when I joined a snowmobile forum. I just keep using it. The sled was 1998 polaris XC 600. It was a great sled until.

Attachments

• smashed sled.JPG
    smashed sled.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 208
Somehow a running joke by the SeanB and the mods here resulted in a name change for me... when this board was just starting out I was the only female mod, hence the queen, and mermaids love water...

I am typically GraceByDesign... this is an old email address from when I was selling Southern Living at Home products, and also a reflection of my Christian faith.

And no, my name is not really Grace! People assumed it was, and I just went with it!

and duraleigh, I am one of the few that actually pronounced your name correctly from the start!! (thought I thought your name might have been Leigh, because on PF I don't think you ever listed that you were from Raleigh... :) )

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.