Last Saturday I opened the pool and have been maintaining shock level or higher until all my algae was gone - used 48 gallons of 6% bleach. By Sunday the pool was clear, but there was some algae on the bottom which after brushing a few times per day for most of this week and maintaining the chlorine level has bascially been removed.
My chlorine level is holding at a fairly constant 20ppm currently. Is it ok to just let it lower itself down over the next week or however long or should I try to lower it somehow?
I have some of the tri-chlor pucks left from prior years, with a current CYA level of around 60-70 (haven't done a recent test after the water cleared up, probably will do a full test tonight) would it be best not to use these or am I ok using these in my old auto-chlorinator to use them up?