Hayward Variable Speed SuperPump

If this one is anything like the other variable speed pumps the most efficient speed should be somewhere around 1000 RPM. As long as you don't have problems with your skimmers and don't have a fountain or something else that needs a higher speed, I would try out 1000 RPM and see how things go.

I'll give that a shot. We run a homemade coil pipe heater (I'm about to give up on this experiment) so I'm guessing I'll need a higher speed, but 1000rpm is a good place to start.

Thanks!

Checked it tonight with the coil solar heater valves open and pump running at 1300 RPM's and found it pumping out bubbles from the returns. Somewhere in the system air must be entering the equation. Closed the valves on the heater and tried again. Took the pump down to 1000 RPMs and all flowed fine. Man I'm shocked how dead quiet it runs at such a low RPM. Even standing there I could barely hear it.

For the price of the pump ($670 on sale) I can start to see a few pluses of this pump over a two speed pump. The ability to fine tune the water JUST where you want it is great, but in our case a $1200 VS pump would never pay for itself. This pump, minus a few bells and whistles may.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.