What's the best way to add Calcium chloride?

I've got to add about 25 pounds of Calcium Chloride to my plaster pool. The "pool school" section says to spread it around the deep end of the pool. But I've also read on here that some people suggest dissolving it in a bucket of pool water then slowly pouring it in. Is there a preferred method? I'm a little hesitant to let that stuff sit on the bottom of my pool for a couple of hours until it dissolves. And should I do all 25 lbs at once or half one day, and half the next?

It will not cause a problem sitting on the pool surface ... after all it sits on the sidewalks / driveways as well. Just brush it around to help it dissolve.

If you are certain of the amount you need to add to get to a certain level, then you can add it all at once; although sometimes better to go in 2 batches so you can test and adjust if you do not have the pool volume quite right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.