Setting schedule + speeds w/ Easytouch and Intelliflo VS?

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
Pool was just finished and filled Friday / Saturday. On Monday the PB send over their startup guy to do an acid type startup and to program the Easytouch. We ran the pump the first day for 24 hours in "Service" Mode. Then the PB came over Today and put everything back to "Auto" mode. Right now the VS pump is scheduled to run twice a day, 7 days a week. They scheduled it (supposedly) to run from 8:00am - 1:00pm at 2600rpm. Then the pump is supposed to come on again at 8:00pm - 1:00am, and supposed to run at 1200rpm.

Going through the schedules in the menu I see the "Schedules" menu and both schedules are working. But.. the pump is running at 2600rpm at both times. I verified the speed by selecting the status button and reading off the display in the Easytouch at 9:00pm. I can also visually see that the spillway water flow hasn't changed. When I look at the "Speed" settings.. It shows circuit #1 at 2600rpm [POOL]. Circuit #2 [SPA] at 3450rpm and Circuit #3 [POOL] at 1200rpm. I tried reading through the Easytouch users guide, but can't figure out how to assign the circuits to the schedules.

Can someone help... PB is supposed to come back Friday to get the pool chemicals in check, but I would like to fix this on my own so I can learn a little.

Thanks..

Re: Setting schedule + speeds w/ Easytouch and Intelliflo VS

Everything is controlled from the pump setup and the four slots and what circuits are assigned what speeds. The actual speed you get is the fastest speed among all the circuits that are active at any given moment. Since you have two speeds assigned to POOL, you will always get the higher of the two speeds when POOL is on and SPA is off.

If you really want two different speeds at two different times of day, which I don't really recommend, then you need to have only one assignment to POOL at the lower speed. Then make another assignment to some unused AUX circuit at the higher speed and schedule the AUX circuit to come on when you want the pump to run at the higher speed.

Unless you have a cleaning robot or waterfall or similar concrete reason to run at a higher speed, you want all of the filtering run time at the lowest speed at which your skimmers work effectively (but not below 1000 RPM, which is the most energy efficient speed available).

Separate from all of that, with fresh plaster startups it is usually a good idea to run the pump 24/7 for at least the entire first week.

Took a few months... but I finally figured out what you meant when you gave me advice about programing the Easytouch.

After a few months of TF pool operation, I figured out that the slowest speed that I can reasonably run my pool and not have my Intellichlor give a low flow warning is 1400 rpm. At that speed the pool stays very clean, but I don't get that great of skimmer performance. So what I have typically done before swimming is run the pump at 2300 rpm in service mode which seems to get the pool surface clean in about 30 - 45 minutes. Unfortunately, the SWG does not operate in service mode. So, my plan of attack for the last couple months was to figure out a way to run my pool on its regular 1400rpm shedule which is 8:00am - 12:00pm and then 7:00pm - 11:00pm, but somehow ramp up the speed to 2200rpm for 45 minutes to clean the surface of the pool.

For the solution, I made a separate "High Speed" [Feature] mode that is programed to overlap the last 45 minutes of the first scheduled run time and the first 45 minutes of the second scheduled run time. Since the Easytouch uses the highest speed of the overlapped schedules, it ramps up from 1400 - 2200rpm as planned. I used the same type of programming to create a pool cleaner function using one of the spare AUX buttons. So far its working great.

If the SWG is powered from the pump relay, you can hit the F button on the panel to turn it on when in service mode. Probably unnecessary now since you have it worked out with a feature circuit to increase the speed, but still might come in handy some day.

--Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.