In the process of doing the AA stain removal

Jan 14, 2013
I am in the process of doing the AA stain removal. I need some advice about a good sequestrant.
One store suggested Jack's Magic Pink or Magenta. Does anyone know the difference?

Also, I noticed hth sequestrant at Walmart. Would that be as good as the above choices? Is the hth sequestrant the same as their Clarifier. I see the clarifier is in stock at my local Walmart but wasn't sure if the is the sequestrant mentioned in another post here.

Thanks! :)

Sequestrants based on HEDP, phosphonic acid, or phosphonic acid derivatives are the most effective. Jack's Pink uses phosphonic acid and is one of the top sequestrants. Jack's Magenta uses a different chemical and I don't recommend it.

Clarifier is a completely different product from sequestrant. Some Walmart's have the HTH sequestrant, which is one of the recommended ones.

Thanks so much!

My confusion about the HTH clarifier at Walmart was because when I looked online to see if my local Walmart had the HTH sequestrant in stock, the online picture of the product listed as HTH 'Metal Control' had a photograph of a jug of HTH Clarifier. I guess it was a case of the person putting together the web site posting the wrong picture for the product.

I appreciate the information about the pink versus magenta stuff too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.