Under construction in McKinney Tx (Complete)

Re: Under construction in McKinney Tx

Looking like a pool now. Rock work starts tomorrow.

8552760064_3da0269590_z.jpg

Thanks pwrstrk,

We think it will turn out pretty nice. I wish we could get crews here for 2 days in a row. Stone work starts tomorrow.

Well wew have tile up and stone work started. They'll work mor eof the stone work tomorrow and finish up on Monday. Plumbing will start Monday as well.
8559017790_a656ec1f8e_z.jpg

Texgirl,

Like I mentioned on you tread. I was told that it all depends on the bundle of stone you get. Our wall is going to be lighter than I would like, but it will still look great.

"I'm not sure what these people are doing to my yard and why it's taking so long"
8561389516_b4b0a37b48_z.jpg

The wall is looking good. The mason is not overly fast, but that is ok as he is good.
8560281613_23a5549413_z.jpg

Looking great! I love that rock... I didnt even think about doing that kind.. thought about stacked rock but too expensive. Your kind probably is more expensive than flagstone as well, but I can see why! Beautiful!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Things are moving along. We got pluming and electrical around the pool yesterday. Stone work is going on it's 4th day and I have to stay on them as they do good work if you tell them what to do. They started to do my spillway as a multi tier and not the double cut that we requested. I not really happy of how they did the coping. Some sections are good solid slabs and others are little slices put together. It looks as like they got tired of cutting the correct pieces in and just started making pieces fit. here are a couple of photos I took when I got home last night. I'll be talking to the PM this morning as I need to be at work.
8571764660_08916c1046_q.jpg

8570665669_9078e23b89_q.jpg

8571760934_be0c582b51_q.jpg

8570702267_5ae13cf772.jpg

8571761332_3f4a4a3f86.jpg

I don't comment too much on pool builds but I watch most all of them that are posted with interest and enthusiam.

I concur with your opinion on the flat surface stone work they are doing. Compared to the vertical stone they did it is a bit lackluster. The vertical walls are elegant and very well done as much as I can see in the pics. The masons do not appear as adept on the flat surfaces.

If you are going to correct it, now is the best time to make your feelings known. The thinset and mortar will still be a bit "green" and the stones can be dislodged rather easily compared to a month from now. It certainly is not unacceptable work but looks a little shabby compared to the great work they did on the vertical surfaces.

That's a great looking pool by the way.

I hope you are not paying that four-legged brown worker too much more than minimum wage. He/she appears to be doing too much lounging around and not enough work. :mrgreen:

Thanks Dave,

I have the PM going out there this morning about 9am. I've also complained about their placement of the light J-boxes. The one you see in the background of the last photo is directly out our back door. %' to the right and it would be partly shielded by the spa.

That four lagged worker is actually red. She is our 8 month old foxred lab that me and the wife only got because our kids and friends said we need to have a dog. Now it's my wife and I that would miss her the most.

Txsteel- sorry you are also having issues with your rock work! Stressful is an understatment! I agree that if it bothers you that much, definitely fix it now. I still have a spot that bothers me and I told the builder we coud wait a few days to see how the mortar matched after it cured longer and he said if I still wasn't happy we could fix.

Going to be absolutely beautiful! KIM

Stone work is finally done. We think it looks great.
8572625799_8293532f10.jpg

deck layout starts tomorrow and hopefully deck poured Thursday or Friday weather permitting.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.