New pool Owner with SWG Pool

Feb 23, 2013
Hi:

Great to be part of this forum. I recently bought a house and inherited with it a great saltwater pool. It uses an Aqua Rite chlorine generator and that is running at about 4400 when set to 60% The T-15 cell was just replaced two weeks ago. I am wondering if it is ok to keep the generator at the 4400 or should I lower the percentage? It says the factory default is 2600 on the panel. I am getting a handle on balancing the ph with Muriatic acid and testing the water daily with Check Strips to check my free chlorine, ph, and akalinity. ANy insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I do not have the Aqua Rite SWG but i would think that maybe with the new cell you can lower it a little,I would
only go 5 or 10 % to start ,I went to far in your situation and had to shock the pool.I found the best thing you can do is get
a good test kit.I bought the TF -100 and it has been one of the best things .This way you know the exact readings of your pool,it may take a few days to get the hang of it but well worth it.

Numbers like 4400 and 2600 indicate the salt level, not the power level. Salt just needs to be generally in range. Yours is on the high side, but acceptable.

You should adjust the percentage setting on the SWG based on your FC level. A top quality test kit makes that much easier, as test strips have a certain variability at the best of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.