first test numbers with tft 100

new results, heading the right way I think.

PH 7.2
FC 10
CC 0
TA 80
CH 190
CYA 65
Off to store to get calcium increaser, Borax now.

What you guys think?

Thanks,

I believe I would not add anything for a while if it were my pool.

Your FC is coming down nicely

CC's have disappeared (that's good)

CH is borderline low but it has a natural tendency to increase over time and you can't get it our easily once it's in. I would test it weekly for the next month or so and unless it dropped significantly below 200, I would leave it alone.

pH and CYA are perfect.

Borates are optional and we like to see folks add them (if you choose) after a few months. Let your numbers stabilize, get your testing down pat (although it looks like you have done that) and get a bit better "feel" for your pool chemistry and then decide if you want borates. They are certainly not necessary.

I assume your water is nice and clear.

New results: I did add a little Calcium Chloride last weekend and here are the latest.

Ph 7.5
FC 4.5
CC 0
TA 70
CH 190
CYA 70-75

Getting SWG Monday.

Leave it alone for a while or should I add a little more CC?

R

The numbers look very nice. I assume your pool water does, too.

That CH, as we discussed is borderline but not at all dangerous. Have you tested the CH of your fill water? If it's higher than 100 or so, I would leave your CH alone. The CH in your pool won't evaporate out and you'll constantly be adding some with your fill so the CH will increase on it's own.

If fill water is really soft (like 50 or less) then I would probably add enough to get my total to 250 but I wouldn't feel any sense of urgency.

Thanks Dave,

I have a whole house salt water softner ( Florida Imagine that) and it takes a while to get city water out of the system when I bypass it for the spigots, I just tested fill and it stayed blue so below 50 I believe, Im thinking of adding a LB or so of cc and some bleach or leave the Fc alone till salt is in Monday?

A little extra chlorine never hurts as you will probably be down fairly low by Monday.

Keep your abbreviations the same as the ones we use so "CC" means "combined chloramines" to us....you want to add "CH" - calcium hardness.

The common abbreviations we use4 are in an article in Pool School.

Have you been using the pool calculator for your dosages? It's in my sig and it will tell you how much Calcium Chloride to add based on the size of your pool and how much you want to raise it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.