Teledyne Series 2 ESC Gas Spa Heater - Clicking

Oct 14, 2009
Well....my teledyne series 2 will fire up and burn well for about 3-6 minutes. After that, it sounds like something is reseting and it starts to flutter/click fast. I basically have to turn the heater off and then turn it back on. It only takes another couple minutes for the issue to start all over again. I went up and found that the gas valve is making all the noise and it is a $300 part. Could I take apart the gas valve and repair it?

Many thanks!!!

Nah unfortunately this unit worked great until last year and this clicking problem has gotten worse - almost so bad it cant get up to temp. There are directions on youtube to take my same gas valve control board out and replace the corroded contacts with wires: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es-E4LE3aVY

When I jiggle the control board, there is no evidence that one of these contacts is loose/broken. This makes me worry that the ignition control is bad, which is another $300 part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.