Pool is closed but water level is very high. What to do?

bookem

Jun 3, 2011
I live in the Mid-Atlantic and couple a few big storms and a lot of rain in the past few months and I have a pool which is very full....as in almost to the coping. Pool is vinyl and has the floor drains. My question is can I open the floor drains, pump to waste and get the level down and when finished close the control valve and blow out and lock the floor drains? Is it that simple or do I have to blow out the skimmer line and 2 returns again? Just want to make sure I am not missing something that will screw the plumbing up. I did a search and found nothing with regards to this so thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Pool is closed but water level is very high. What to do

Easier yet would be to just use a portable sump pump. Do you know anyone who has a hot tub? They often own those little sump pumps and might loan it to you. While a little slower than back washing out to waste it can do what you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.