Cyclone Blower

drewgost

Sep 7, 2016
MA
I recently bought the Cyclone for this years closing, (first time) I have one concern regarding the cyclone, will it blow thru a a plug with the Blow Thru Stem if I buy the proper adapters?
I have a Paramount In Floor Pool 6 Port Module that uses the blow thru stem plug to lock the air. I can buy another compressor just for that at $180.00 or I kit I put together for adapting the cyclone at $44.00.
Thought on the cyclone pushing the air thru the Blow Thru Stem appreciated.
Thanks,
Drew

I recently bought the Cyclone for this years closing, (first time) I have one concern regarding the cyclone, will it blow thru a a plug with the Blow Thru Stem if I buy the proper adapters?
I have a Paramount In Floor Pool 6 Port Module that uses the blow thru stem plug to lock the air. I can buy another compressor just for that at $180.00 or I kit I put together for adapting the cyclone at $44.00.
Thought on the cyclone pushing the air thru the Blow Thru Stem appreciated.
Thanks,
Drew
It may depend on how many. I’ve got some of those one way plugs and they don’t seal very well so I suspect air would be easy to push it open.

Here’s the geyser the cyclone makes at my skimmer box.C1F4257C-E370-4556-8DC6-54201CE6B9F7.jpeg

Thanks Bperry, how is your cyclone attached to the line you’re blowing out?
All my skimmers and returns have unions on them for winterizing so I made a fitting to mate with those unions. 1.5” PVC and I think I used a short section of pool vacuum hose to connect them. image.jpg

All my skimmers and returns have unions on them for winterizing so I made a fitting to mate with those unions. 1.5” PVC and I think I used a short section of pool vacuum hose to connect them. View attachment 524745
Thanks Bperry, that's what I made up for blowing out pipes, thanks for the confidence boost, but for the Paramount in-floor cleaning system I am making a connection for the blow out plugs that will connect to the cyclone with these from amazon.
Adapter
hose
fitting

I could not get the Cyclone to blow thru the blow out plugs for my main drain, anyone have any experience on what to use to blow thru blow out plugs with Schrader valves?
Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi and thank you, can you identify/name the connector in the picture please.

I'd use a 4 ft vac hose and go right to the skimmer. (With a blow through gizzmo if applicable).

My vacuum hose actually fits in my skimmer hole so I could do that.

I want to make a lid, but my lid has ribs on it. Not sure how I could make that work. I guess as long as the top of the lid is smooth, I could put the seal on the top part.

image__79688.1388834833.380.500.JPG

All my skimmers and returns have unions on them for winterizing so I made a fitting to mate with those unions. 1.5” PVC and I think I used a short section of pool vacuum hose to connect them. View attachment 524745
How do you plug the skimmer itself? You disconnect the blower and quickly insert a plug into the pipe shown in the picture above?

How do you plug the skimmer itself? You disconnect the blower and quickly insert a plug into the pipe shown in the picture above?
You drain the water below the skimmer line and then blow it out. If you blow it out from the equipment pad, you can install a gizmo before hand and blow the skimmer out through that without draining it first. But you don’t water water in the skimmer for winter anyway.

Reactions: Newdude
I want to make a lid, but my lid has ribs on it. Not sure how I could make that work
Lifted from the closing article :

Screenshot_20230904_125210_Chrome.jpg

There's no rush on the skimmers, like there is trying to air lock the deep end drains/returns. You stick the hose directly into the skimmer pipe and once the pipe is empty, add a gizzmo to the skimmer hole.

Reactions: proavia

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.