New 15,000 SWG pool with white streaks in luna quartz

HVB

Sep 29, 2012
I have a newly install 15,000 SWG with dark blue luna quartz. (No salt on startup just tabs in skimmers) PB said brush 2-3 times a day while the acid was in. We did. 6 days after the pool fill, the PB did their start up routine. neutralize muriatic acid, clean filters and brush pool. Day 7 pool school. PB tested water and said needed 2 qts. muriatic acid. They installed the acid. Two days after we noticed white spots with streaks in shallow end. Brushing does nothing. Any ideas on what's up?

It is likely where the acid settled and hope the PB added acid while the pump was on. I would suggest contacting the PB to state your concern and ask for it to be fixed. A no drain acid wash may help, but your PB should know best.

PB did add the acid just outside of the skimmers and pump was on full. Poured and walked at the same time. I have a call into the PB. Thanks I will let you know what the responce is..

Update:
PB did a spot treatment with a peice of PVC conduit and direct pour and brush of MA on the white streak. It do disappear but it also shows that the rest of the surface will need to be done. So look like they will do a no drain acid wash. Jusy my luck, I just now have stable readings.

After the spot treat the PB wants to drain the pool, acid wash and then refill. Seems the spot treat works but with the amount of streaks they say the drain, wash and refill will provide a completely clean surface.

So my question is what are the risks involved with this procedure?

HVB said:
After the spot treat the PB wants to drain the pool, acid wash and then refill. Seems the spot treat works but with the amount of streaks they say the drain, wash and refill will provide a completely clean surface.

So my question is what are the risks involved with this procedure?

I've got some streaks in mine too. I'll be watching to see how you make out with yours. I've a hybrid Diamond Brite finish. Good luck!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well the PB had the crew come in and drain the pool and plug the drains. I asked them to bypass my heater if they were to use my pump. They simply pumped it out to the canal next door. I had to work so was not present during the wash. I did have may son in law there. Once they were finished I was told they would pump the acid wash water into a container on a truck and haul away. Nope, not what happened. They simply pumped it out into the back of my yard. They did not even neutralize it with baking soda prior to pumping out. Their response is "it is diluted". It won't hurt anything.

I was mad as could be. Most do not know that MA is simply Hydrochloric acid. We just finished landscaping and new sod.

It is filling with fresh water and I will report how it turned out.

I'd be throwing him some receipts for the sod you'll have to have replaced. Boy, the EPA wouldn't be too happy about that.

Sorry.. I'm sure some of the PB on here have experience with that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.