What should I do for Winter? No cover for my pool/spa....

Dixit

Jul 16, 2012
Duluth, GA (ATL)
Just recently bought this house about 4months ago and fixed/revamped alot of the pool equipment, all of that is listed in my signature.

Now since there is no safety cover that was given with the house, nor is there even any anchors in the deck/stone around the pool, theres no easy way to put one. The whole other side of the pool is just those tennessee crab orchard stones around the top, so hard to drill and put a safety cover on that which normally needs abouit 18" behind the pool water side.

Now I dont mind leaving it open, I dont have alot of leaves that fall into it. I probably will use the spa as well in the colder months with the heater.

Right now I just trimmed the pumps to run only about 2hrs for the main pool with the Aquapure sitting at 20% and the Spa runs for only 15mins with the Aquapure at 30%. It still manages to keep the water at 5ppm FC. Water temp is now 67F. Should I just leave the program that way and let it humm through the whole winter or should I just turn it all off? Im not looking to have it turn all green from Algae if I turn the pumps off completely.

What you all think? Picture of the pool is also in the signature link.

Dixit

Re: What should I do for Winter? No cover for my pool/spa..

Unless you expect prolonged freezing weather, I'd stick with the course you are on.

A safety cover for that pool (although a PITA) would probably run $4000.00 or more. Why bother? Just do what you're doing. :lol:

Thats what I was thinking too, its juts not worth spending that kind of money for a custom cover. My backyard is entirely fenced and my kids know not to be messing around there without me out there. So safety cover isnt really a huge concern to me.

Dixit

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.