Have question re closing pool

JudyV

Oct 17, 2012
I always hired a company to close my pool.

Last year the gentleman in my life suggested that we close the pool ourselves (since we had successfully opened it with no problems).

I live in Southern Ontario Canada and usually our winters are mild, so we don't blow out the lines, just allow them to drain.

All went well last year (fall 2011) - closed the pool and re-opened in may 2012 had no problem.

For some reason when we closed it last year I seem to recall that when I put the anti-freeze in the skimmer and screwed in the Skimmer Gizmo there was no water in the bottom of the skimmer, this year there is water. I guess my question is - should there be water?? And if not what is the best way of blowing out the lines.

All help is appreciated :lol: and please answer as quickly as possible or I may not have a gentleman friend, cause I will drown him. I have always been told that couples should not paint or wallpaper together, I think they should add open & close a pool to that saying :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.